We are a volunteer-operated non-profit organization.
Welcome to the West Coast Soaring Club!
The West Coast Soaring Club is the home to paragliding and hang gliding in the Vancouver, Fraser Valley and Sea to Sky regions of British Columbia, Canada. The cascade and coastal mountains of southwestern Canada boast some of the best flying on the continent, with soaring sites to suit all pilot skill levels and styles. Come fly with us!
What we do in a nutshell…
More than anything, this club unites a community of paraglider and hang glider pilots. Call it a free flight family if you will. But specifically, here’s a shortlist of what we do as a club.
- Work with landowners, all levels of government, and private organizations to secure access to launches and landing zones (including tenure applications)
- Maintain launches, landing zones, and help keep access roads in questionnably decent shape
- Provide reserve repack clinics and other training opportunities (like Wilderness First Aid Training)
- Organize events, fly-ins, and competitions to keep us all social and connected
- Connect pilots in our region with the larger Provincial, National and International free flight community
- Provide the opportunity for mentorship of all levels of pilots
The image above, along with many others on the site, was taken by Doug Wakefield. Other images have been provided by members of the WCSC. Thanks to all who let us use their shots!
Congratulations to Tom Furst! #WCSCPhotoWinner winner chicken dinner! May's prestigious title of Photo of the Month...
Mt. McKenzie Lower Launch & Dome get new socksThe WCSC was happy to support the volunteers in Pemberton who...
Grouse Mt. – Urban Flying at its Best!Photo and Pilot: Rod FrewAfter a late pandemic start last summer, flying at...
“BC’s Coast Mountains offer a spectrum of flying experiences unparalleled by any other region I’ve experienced.
From gentle, seaside soaring to thermals that tower above jagged snowy peaks, whether you are a student or an expert, the coast is a true gem to the world of free flight.”
Our mission is to create safe places for free flight pilots to launch and land. To encourage education, training and community support to nurture novice pilots into master pilots. To develop sustainable environmental improvements in the communities where we live, work and play. We believe passionately in travel, good food, great friends, long talks, broadened horizons and the spirit of adventure.