Interview with Till Gottbrath....

Wide open primary club forum. All users can read messages, but only registered forum users can post.
Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Interview with Till Gottbrath....

Postby Martin » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Pretty sure most paraglider pilots follow the Cloudbase Mayhem Pod casts of Gavin McClurg .... the most recent interview with Till Gottbrath was a breath of fresh air and honest opinion on wings and the average pilot.

Several years back, as a relative novice I let my self get onto a wing well above my skill sets. Lucky for me it ended as a "lesson learned" and I stepped back to what many call a Low B, and again replaced that wing with another Low B (a Geo 5).

Nearly all of the modern Low B wings, from all of the manufactures, are fantastic aircraft and in my opinion, offer no reason for any new pilot with less than 300 hours (or a pilot that logs less than 50 hours a year) to venture any higher up the performance ladder. Pilots should not be in a hurry to move up. More so, given so few actually master (and I really mean really master to perfection) their skills on the entry level gliders.

Much can be learned from pilots like Till that where there "back in the day". Till's honest self assessment of his own skills and how he turns those skills into results is supported by other members of the Nova team. Success can be achieve on much safer and proven performers without the risks associated with higher performance wings.

A very good interview. All new pilots, all low time pilots and even the old timers should give it a listen:

http://www.cloudbasemayhem.com/episode- ... -and-risk/

Cheers

Martin