Lawnmower...

Wide open primary club forum. All users can read messages, but only registered forum users can post.
the other martin

Lawnmower...

Postby the other martin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:41 am

Walking out of the Riverside Landing Zone I noticed a long forgotten piece of machinery owned by WCSC. The John Deere lawn mower that Dion Vuk purchased is still sitting under the trees. The tarp that was covering that mower is now destroyed due to weather. It appears the black berries are over taking the mower as well. The lawn mower was under powered and not the right piece of equipment for a field of that size. It hasn't moved in a few years and I doubt most pilots know it exists. It may still hold some monetary value. Could arrangements be made to remove it and sell it or dispose of it in an environmental fashion.

Paddy
Former Director
Former Director

Re: Lawnmower...

Postby Paddy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Martin, end of last year before my tenure as Fraser Valley sites director was up I offered the mower to Sheila who thought her boys would have a use for it. They obviously dont or have forgotten to collect it. I would suggest that first come first gets it. Anyone wants it help yourself.

Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Postby Martin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:27 am

Martin and Paddy,

If your guys figure it will run I could haul it down to the Excited States of America to reside at the shack but won't be able to work out the logistics until May. I willing to compensate the club 5 repacks at $20 bucks pop. On the other hand... If it will run, could it handle the Bridal LZ? At least if it got moved there, there would be a better chance it could be stolen and we will be done with POS? ....

Comrade Martin

the other martin

Postby the other martin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:40 am

Yesterday afternoon as I was walking out of the landing field after an incredible two hour flight I noticed the lawnmower. It was sitting in the open. Someone pulled it out of its parking spot from under the trees. The tarp was gone. There were tire tracks leading down the trail from the gate to the site of the lawnmower. I also noted the chain for the gate was broken. Several links are missing so it's not possible to lock the gate due to the shortened length of chain. Our padlock was open. I locked the padlock and secured the gate by hanging the chain over a piece of wire. I phoned Andrei as he and Brian also flew, but they hadn't touched the mower. The mystery continues.

As for Bridal. Arrangements are in place.

I think Martin should take that pos down to Mansfield. It would blend in with the shack.

Paddy
Former Director
Former Director

Postby Paddy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:43 pm

That POS is all yours Martin, it sounds like someone wanted the chain securing it to the tree. That saved you a task of cutting it.

Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Postby Martin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:13 am

Pretty sad if all they wanted is the chain .....

If ANYBODY local can take advantage of the POS, they are welcome to it, My Tow vehicle (Pickup) gets insured the beginning of May. At worst I will offer dispose is its still there.

Martin

Suntan

Postby Suntan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Any chance we could have a rain day blackberry cutting. Or should this happen in the heat of summer so they don't grow faster?

tnankie
Former Director
Former Director

Postby tnankie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:02 pm

The board discussed the mower at our last meeting.
The decision reached was take the damn thing! Whoever wants it can have it, just pick it up and take it. If it is still there on the 12th of May it is going to a scrap metal merchant.

So anyone who covets a John Deer ride on, get in there before you miss out!

Tom
Tom Dupree
:pg Advance Iota (Purple, white and lime green)

my user name @ gmail . com

pep
Club Director
Club Director

Maybe the club should invest on this...

Postby pep » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Pedro Pedersen ( :hg )
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
Leonardo da Vinci

the other martin

Postby the other martin » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:07 pm

The pos lawnmower is gone.