Important! HPAC voting on line now!

Wide open primary club forum. All users can read messages, but only registered forum users can post.
Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Important! HPAC voting on line now!

Post by Martin »

The HPAC/ACVL is holding its AGM online right now. At this AGM you are asked to vote on the 2018-2019 Budget. It is possibly the most important vote that has ever occurred in the history of our little association and I think its time we see some participation from the membership. There is only 6 days left to participate and it is the only real chance your going to get to have your say about the direction our association is going.

I would like the members to carefully consider the fact that the directors are seeking the approval of the membership and want to proceed with a substantial increase to Executive directors compensation. I sought out clarification of increase and the BOD responded with this statement:

https://hpac.ca/files/agm/2018/ED-Contr ... w-2018.pdf

Please take the time to read the statement of the board and check out a few of the other threads that exist on the topic and draw your own conclusion. More importantly, please vote.

The HPAC/ACVL AGM forum can be found at:

https://www.hpac.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=870

Martin Henry
(HPAC/ACVL member #2)
Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Re: Important! HPAC voting on line now!

Post by Martin »

Only 3 days left... Please vote!

Martin
flybc
Former Director
Former Director

Post by flybc »

Come on folks!

Only 66 members out of 1000 have voted.
Jim Reich
Professional Paragliding Instructor

www.flybc.org
www.flybc.org/used.htm Demo Gear
www.flybc.org/training.htm Training Facilities
www.flybc.org/siteoftheday.htm Whazzup in the Valley
Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Post by Martin »

One Day Left To Go!

Get online and and Vote !

https://www.hpac.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=870

Cheers

Martin
Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Post by Martin »

The 2018 HPAC/ACVL online AGM is now locked (can only be viewed and discussion has ended).

https://www.hpac.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=43

The BOD have narrowly passed the 2018-19 budget (124 votes, 66 in favor, 53 against and 5 abstained, one of the highest participation in the history of the online AGM’s).

There were plenty of complaints about having trouble logging in (complaints posted over on the HPAC/ACVL F-Book page) which may or many not be justified . There were quirks to accessing the site but leaving it to the last second to figure it out is only the fault of the voter and not the site.

The BOD, with the budget passed will press ahead with the full knowledge that many of the members are not pleased with the direction the HPAC/ACVL is heading .

There are plenty of topics posted on the AGM forum that members should continue to discuss. It was great to see participation and a wide range of opinions within the AGM’s online format but all of these discussions are terminated and in essence no longer relevant. To that end there is the members only section where the topics can continue (“members only” appears public but only members can post?).

https://www.hpac.ca/forum/viewforum.php ... 978519b76d

One of the biggest complaints I hear is that lack of transparency that exists with the HPAC/ACVL. There is little if any understanding as to what it does and what purpose it serves. I encourage members to use the “Members only” forum to make the BOD accountable and ask questions of your association. It’s an old school forum but it makes it easier to debate points and organize topics. (Oh, and yes… you may need to do a little research on how to log in!)

Cheers, Please participate….

Martin Henry
(HPAC/ACVL Member#2)
rolecl

Post by rolecl »

Thanks Martin.
Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Post by Martin »

In a far off backwater of the internet, a lowly swirl in the effluent of the HPAC....

https://hpac.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3709#3709

Cheers

Martin
tnankie
Former Director
Former Director

Post by tnankie »

Good, glad you found some perspective at last.
Tom Dupree
:pg Advance Iota (Purple, white and lime green)

my user name @ gmail . com
Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Post by Martin »

tnankie wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:58 pm Good, glad you found some perspective at last.
Don't confuse my decision to cease being the HPAC watchdog to supporting this association. I still believe the HPAC prioritizes paper and protocol over pilots and wraps it all up in a Canadian flag of self importance.

I have yet to decide if the HPAC deserves my hard earned membership dollars. After all, if this organization will spend $6000 celebrating the so called access to Parks Canada program, and it yielded a total of 8 logged flights in 3 years, how prudent is the management of the members funds? (BTW, since we have no idea how much time and money was spent trying to shine the shoes of the bureaucrats sitting in the ivory towers of Parks Canada... we have to assume this meager number of "trial" flights cost the members a $1000 a flight! and this project is "ongoing") Hardly good value for the average member.

I believe there should be a member that will hold the directors and administrators feet to the fire but its no longer going to be me.

Martin
Ihor

Post by Ihor »

Martin,thanks for barking at their heels.
tnankie
Former Director
Former Director

Post by tnankie »

Perspective, as in it's $180. Really not worth stressing about. Maybe HPAC will blow up, maybe they wont, but until they do I'm going to send my money in and not worry about it. Having seen how rewarding it was organising reserve repacks for our club, I'm not throwing any stones at HPAC. I acknowledge that you've put a lot into the organisation over the years but I think you should either step up, get (back) on the board or put up with the way things are.
Tom Dupree
:pg Advance Iota (Purple, white and lime green)

my user name @ gmail . com
pep
Club Director
Club Director

Post by pep »

tnankie wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:38 pm ... I'm going to send my money in and not worry about it.....
Can I send my Paypal account? I would love to receive money, no questions ask...

I disagree with you, HPAC is an organization Created by free flight pilots, for free flight pilots and as such is the Free flight pilots that need to give direction to the organization.
Pedro Pedersen ( :hg )
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
Leonardo da Vinci